Pages

Monday, November 07, 2011

Baby, I'm a dreamer for sure.

Because my brain never rests, I have a couple dreams I can share with you.


DREAM 1:

Those who know me can testify to this fact: I have never let alcohol touch my tongue. So of course it can be a temptation every now and then. What strikes me as odd is that in my dreams, when I do partake in adult beverages, I go out of control. In this particular dream, I did just that; the effects of alcohol, even in dream land, turn out to be very odd and unholy.

Also, you need to know that the night before this dream, I had a Twitter conversation with Lo. BREAKING DAWN SPOILER ALERT: We were quoting Jacob and Renesme like they were discussing their relationship after she grew up. Jacob, of course, imprinted on Edward and Bella's daughter, which means he is tied to her in a complicated way. But in essence, he is going to eventually fall in love with and marry this girl. When she grows up, duh. But he imprints on her as a baby, meaning he knows when she is born that this is who he wants to spend the rest of his life with.. That makes it weird. Our conversation was quite humorous.

Anyway, without further ado...

I was in what seemed to be not quite a church, not quite a house, but somewhere in the middle. I started out laying down on a pallet of blankets with a new, unopened bottle of vodka at my side. I screwed off the top and downed half of the bottle before sitting up right. As I felt the liquid poison my bloodstream, I stood up and walked out of the door. I found my friend Bubba. He told me his body was dying but that he could live on in a different body. So, he was somehow transferred to this 3 or 4 year old body. He could still talk, walk, think, etc. like he could as an adult, he just has to grow up again physically. I got one of those child carriers that you wear like a backpack, but on your front, and put him in it. I was walking around talking to him, and in my mind, I decided this is what it was like to imprint on a child. I decided it was completely sane.


As we were walking and talking, we ran into Will and Joseph. (They and Doug were really in Israel at the time.) I asked why they hadn't left for Israel yet. They told me they were going in a couple of days, when Doug was finished with his first three days of stuff. And then I had to explain to them about the Bubba child that was strapped to my chest. Quite embarrassing and hard to explain if I do say so myself. They were weirded out.


DREAM 2:


This dream really has no explanation. I haven't the slightest idea why I would have such a dream...

I was again, at a church, Christian Heritage to be exact. I was outside the Family Life Center under the awning when I ran into Tiffany Groves. Like a normal human being, I stopped to ask her how she was. She asked if I had heard about Daniel (her husband). I told her I had not and asked if he was okay. Tiffany told me that he was in a coma! I was shocked and trying to be sensitive, but I had to find out more details. I asked how it happened and she told me that he drank an energy called Ultimate Rockstar. This brand has six times the amount of sugar as a normal can of any energy drink. As soon as he finished it, he passed out in the coma and has not come back since. I asked her how long ago this happened and she told me he has been in a coma for six months. It was then that I noticed the dark circles under her eyes and the paleness of her skin. She had been running ragged for those six months. It was terribly sad. And really weird.




I also recently had a lucid dream. (You know, when the dreamer can directly control what happens.) I don't really want to share the details of that dream, but I want to tell you how you can have one too... it really works! Bubba and I actually watched a YouTube video about how to do it. The video gives extensive ways to help you be able to manipulate your dreams; I only used one of the tips. I set my alarm, woke up about thirty minutes earlier than usual, and turned the alarm off so I could fall back asleep. As I was drifting off again, I kept repeating in my head "I will have a lucid dream. I will have a lucid dream." until I fell asleep. As soon as the dream started, I knew I was in the dream world and had complete control. It was so much fun to be able to do that! And even though I knew it was a dream, I could still sense things around me as if it was real, like I can when the dream isn't lucid. It actually felt more real than any other dream, if that is even possible. But maybe that was just because of the events... of what I wanted to happen. I can tell you it was a bummer to have to wake up. I was quite enjoying myself.

I haven't tried it since, but I think I will soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment