Pages

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Recurring dream.

I don't know what it is with my subconscious, but I have some of the most disturbing dreams. What's worse is that this particular dream occurred last night for the third time. You know, after the first time a disturbing dream happens, I think to myself I don't ever want to have that dream or a dream like it again. Sadly, I can not control my subconscious or the dream itself no matter how hard I try. It's awful. Anyway, here it goes:

In my dream, I lived back in SC in my old house. I was of a preteen age and Cody just happened to be around 5 or 6 (not our normal age difference). Cody and a little girl friend he had visited this elderly couple almost everyday in our neighborhood. The couple would feed them treats. I could feel in the dream my uneasiness towards that house every time I passed it. The particular day of the dream, Cody and his friend were over there and I told my mom that I just didn't like it anymore and that I was going to get them.

As I walked nearer to the front door, all sorts of bad feelings flooded my body. I heard Cody and his friend talking to the man around the back of the house. The man started to usher the kids inside so I asked if I could join them. The man looked to the window and gave his wife a suspicious expression at my request, but in the end, he invited me inside.

The lady sat us down at their kitchen table and handed us each a plate of - well, I'm not quite sure what it was. I didn't eat any of it. Anyway, the man pulled the lady from the room and that is when my nightmare had been confirmed. Cody and his friend whispered to me that after they eat what was prepared, they would have to go into a room and the couple would do things to them. (I will spare you the details.) The kids were always told that if they tell anyone, bad things would happen and that had to keep coming back or those same bad things would happen.

At that moment, I grabbed them both by the arm and we ran out the side door. As I looked around, I saw Brandy and Mom getting ready to walk to the front door so I called them to where we were. Luckily, the couple did not return to the kitchen to see that we had fled. Instead, I heard the back door open and we ran as fast as we could to the only thing we could hide behind - this "wall" of windows. There was a small amount of wood covering the bottom area of the wall, so if we layed still enough on the ground, it could have possibly hidden us. Brandy had Cody wedged under her and I had the girl. We told them they had to be really still and quiet until I told them to get up.

I would peek through a window every few seconds to view the situation. The man was out back smoking a cigarette when the lady yelled to him that we were gone. They frantically searched the area and eventually concluded that we were long gone and then, he noticed the top of my head as I peeked for the last time. He started running at us, yelling in a deep, low voice and his face contorting into the scariest face possible...

Then, my body jerks itself awake.

No comments:

Post a Comment