Pages

Friday, October 07, 2011

The $500 Movie Ticket.

I just had a NaNo freak out! There are about 24.5 days left until the month of November begins and I have no clue of what I am going to write about. I am starting to question whether I actually want to do it now or not. I made it through last year, but my story failed to even keep my attention, so it wasn't worth trying to resuscitate. I haven't even read the bulk that I wrote since day 30 of last November. Maybe I'll pull that out and try to convince myself to do it and be better this year.

I neeeeed a story to tell. It's so hard to come up with a fresh story from the recesses of my mind. I feel like every story possible has already been told, even though that's a lie. Only after the fact of reading an interesting book/story do I think hey, I should have and could have written that first.. psh, another lie.

Someone give me a brilliant story for my NaNo novel and if I use it, I will dedicate the entire book to you! Such an honor. ;)


I've lost count of how many movies I've seen in theaters this year, but the last known documentation was 47 on August 31st, and I've seen quite a few since. Let's say I have roughly seen 50 movies this year. IF I paid the full, average price of $10 per ticket, I will have spent $500.00 on movie tickets alone since January 1st.
That. Is. Ridiculous.

However, plenty of those movies were seen for the price of $1 or $3 at the cheap theater and there have been many occasions the ticket was free (friends in high places). Still, movie ticket prices are outrageous, but that doesn't keep me from seeing them. #cinemafangirl

No comments:

Post a Comment