Pages

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Happy Birthday, B!

On this day 25 years ago, the first Smartt child was brought into this world. With chocolate locks and big brown eyes, Brandy made her debut in Chattanooga, TN.

It took all of 5 minutes for my mother to realize her ears were not of a normal human. Panicked, she asked the doctor to perform surgery to correct those big flappers, but the doctor insisted everything would be okay.

That did not change my mom's mind. She and my dad worried for years and years that their daughter would grow up to be a freak who would never find her place in the world.

Luckily, her disability did not hinder her brain and ability to learn. Brandy always made awesome grades and studied more than anyone I knew. She has become an amazing nurse and a great role model to those around her.

Finally, after 25 years, she has grown into her ears and is one of the most beautiful people I know.



*******



Okay, maybe most of that story is completely false, but it IS her birthday and this very special day deserves a very special celebration.



Brandy is a quarter of a century old!


That is:

-25 years

or

-300 months

or

-1,305 weeks

or

-9,131 days

or

-219,159 hours

or

-13,149,597 minutes

or

-788,975,856 seconds



Geez, my parents must feel so old. xD



Seester, sorry to say that you can't say you're the only one to be brought into life on this day.. but, you do share your day of birth with some interesting people: Lenny Kravitz (1964), Hank Williams Jr (1949), and John Wayne (1907).


Well, I just wanted to wish you a very happy anniversary of the day your were surgically removed from your mother's uterus by a Cesarean section because you were either putting her life or health at risk. I sure hope its a swell day for you. :o)





Happy Birthday, B!
I love you so much and I am so proud
to call you my sister. You are an amazing
person, sister, wife, step-mother xD,
daughter, cousin, granddaughter, nurse,
and BEST FRIEND.








No comments:

Post a Comment