Pages

Tuesday, May 03, 2011

J. Cody Smartt, Sons of Shamgar

I have been slacking with my brudder's texts. Here are two that I have yet to post.

I am so proud of my brother, and not just because of the spectacular way he uses the English language to psyche up his cleat-cladded brethren for another victory. He is just an amazing man (HA. "man") with a huge heart. You should be his friend.


Inspirational Text #4:

Judges 3:28-29 “for the LORD has given your enemy, into your hands.” So they followed him down and, taking possession of the fords of the Jordan that led to Moab, they allowed no one to cross over. At that time they struck down ten thousand Moabites, all vigorous and strong; not one man escaped.

No matter the number or the strength The LORD has called the Sons and we will answer. We shall flow a river forth to thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
-jcs, Sons of Shamgar

(a Boondock Saints reference? YES, PLEASE.)


Inspirational Text #5:
Psalm 144:1 Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.

Through Shamgar we have been forged by the Lord. Sharpened for battle and hardened for war, tonight the enemy must fall and we will take back what is ours.
-jcs, Sons of Shamgar

(such poetry.)


Movies seen in theaters: 20
DvDs bought: 60

No comments:

Post a Comment