Pages

Tuesday, May 04, 2010

You look better than I remember.

So, I'm writing a short story with my WriMo characters, and I want to put it on here, I've just got to get the nerve to do so. It is not finished yet, so I wouldn't be able to post it today anyways. I suppose I'll get my sister and possibly a few others to read, edit, and tear it apart so it is public domain worthy.

The story is from Blake Avery's point of view. It is her sister's wedding day. I still have yet to decide on Blake's sister's name. Suggestions are welcomed and encouraged! I did choose her husband to be Anthony Spencer, though. (Thanks to Cody for the first name and Ashley for the last xD) I like involving the people around me and asking them for their suggestions. Makes it fun!

This wedding is kind of a part of the novel I will be writing. I believe Blake will look back to the wedding during the first couple of chapters because of the events that will be occurring.

I love weddings. I got to attend one on Saturday for some people I know from church. It wasn't anything extravagant, but it was simple and cute. They chose daisies as the flowers. I love daisies. xD The reason I brought up this wedding was to tell you of an almost compliment my sister and I received...

We were talking to a friend of ours and this man and his wife walk up to us.
"Ashley and Cassie?" he asks, pointing to the wrong person as he said each name.
"I'm Ashley," replies my sister, looking at me with bewildered eyes. I could read from her expression that, along with myself, she had no idea who this man was that knew us by name.
He mumbles about a few things and introduces us to his wife. Several minutes passed and then he asks me about my photography and if I had been doing anything with it lately so it finally sparks the memory of this man in my brain. He once led a Bible study we were a part of. Phew, relief.
Ash still has no clues but she plays it off smoothly, like always.
He starts to say his goodbyes and this is his parting line after really looking at us one more time... no joke...
"You two look better than I remember."
HA. Thanks? I think it was supposed to be a compliment but it sounded really strange. Well, we did happen to be dressed in our best for the wedding... that may have swayed his opinion. haha

I, of course, couldn't stop laughing.

Anyway, I am really excited for this weekend! My friends from SC are coming to stay with me for a few days. And I do believe we are going to try contra dancing! This is going to be so much fun.


Inspirational Text #5:
Job 39:22-24. He laughs at fear, afraid of nothing; he does not shy away from the sword. The quiver rattles against his side, along with the flashing spear and lance. In frenzied excitement he eats up the ground; he cannot stand still when the trumpet sounds.... this, men, will be the words that we live by as we weather this storm. We shall fear no one and rejoice at the sight of battle. So give them nothing... but take from them everything!
-jcs

No comments:

Post a Comment