Pages

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Word vomit.

Twenty days without a single word from myself. New record, I believe.

Anyway, I played dominos for the first time ever tonight.. Mexican dominos to be exact. It was fun.. much better than I thought it would be. I came in second, which is pretty good I must say. I am sure I will take the crown next time; I'm pumped and ready... watch out, suckers! ;)

***

I finally got my brakes/rotors/drums changed out today on my car. Thank you, Thomas, for being so kind and installing it all! You are my life saver. :)
He did, however, find that I needed to replace one of my tires because it was getting too close to a blowout. Ugh. So, I took my car to Walmart after work and had two new tires put on.
It feels so much better and safer driving in my car now.. I had forgotten what it was like to put on my brakes and not have my entire car shake. Still though, I need a new windshield and an oil change. I very much miss having my dad take care of everything. Why must we grow up?!

***

I've been quite sad this past week... one of my very best friends is moving off to school, about two hours away from home. Actually, he has already moved his stuff up there; but he will be back to play in the band at church one last time tomorrow. After that, he goes back to his new apartment at his new school to make new friends... :/

But seriously, I am very happy for him. This will be a great experience and he will be going into the major he is passionate about. I am excited for him because he will have some very fun/interesting classes to attend.

Yay for Bubba! :)

Also, I will have a new place to visit every so often... and it's not too far from Nashville! I've never actually visited that musical city, just their airport. I feel a road trip to Nashvegas coming soon!

***

Oh yeah!... I finished my short story! :)

I will post it as soon as I get some constructive criticism back from my previewers. Not one of them has yet to tell me anything, so I may just post it without any outside help. Tell you what, I will definitely post it Tuesday... so make sure you come back then and read it! And leave all the comments you want... the good, the bad, and the ugly... I can take it all.

***

Goodness, I really just went to town with this update. Sorry for skipping around to so many subjects, but that's what happens when a certain someone with a certain blog puts off updating for weeks at a time. What are we ever going to do with her?!

2 comments:

  1. thanks, love you cassie. you're so sweet

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww... from the title, I thought this was gonna be an essay on how the word "vomit" really grosses you out or sumthin...

    ReplyDelete