Pages

Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

All our young lives we search for someone to love. 
Someone who makes us complete. 
We choose partners and change partners. 
We dance to a song of heartbreak and hope... 
all the while wondering if somewhere, somehow, 
there's someone perfect... 
who might be searching for us. 
-- The Wonder Years

I hope you all have a very Happy Valentine's Day that is filled with love from everyone you know. If you haven't heard it from anyone else yet today, I love you. You are God's masterpiece and He loves you unconditionally and just the way you are, so in the purest way possible, I love you. And whatever phase you are at in your life, just remember you are never alone in that. Even if you don't see it, you are being watched over, cared for, and loved by the One who created you. He doesn't need this one day out of the year to show you His love... He has loved you since the beginning - before all the world was created - and He will love you for eternity. Take heart in knowing that no one will ever be able to love you as much as our Lord. So on this day, and everyday, give your thanks, praise, and love to the only One who makes life worth living.

---

I have always loved looking up and reading quotes. Here are a few to go along with the day of love:

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails... 
-- 1 Corinthians 13:4-8

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage. 
-- Lao Tzu

Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained. 
-- C.S. Lewis

The first symptom of love in a young man is shyness; the first symptom in a woman, it's boldness. 
--Victor Hugo

Love is an irresistible disire to be irresistibly desired. 
--Robert Frost

To be fond of dancing was a certain step towards falling in love. 
--Jane Austen

Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves. 
-- Albert Einstein

To love is to receive a glimpse of Heaven.

Love is a consistent passion to give, not a meek persistent hope to receive. The only demand of life is the privilege to love all. 
-- Swami Chinmayananda


A letter written by Beethoven:


Though still in bed,
my thoughts go out to you,
my Immortal Beloved,
now and then joyfully, then sadly,
waiting to learn whether or not fate will hear us.

I can live only wholly with you or not at all. 

Yes, I am resolved to wander so long away from you
until I can fly to your arms and say
that I am really at home with you,
and can send my soul enwrapped in you into the land of spirits.

Yes, unhappily it must be so -
You will be the more contained since you know my fidelity to you.
No one else can ever possess my heart -
never - never -
Oh God, why must one be parted from one whom one so loves.

And yet my life in V is now a wretched life. 

Your love makes me at once the happiest and the unhappiest of men -
At my age I need a steady, quiet life -
can that be so in our connection?

My angel, I have just been told that the mailcoach goes every day
therefore I must close at once
so that you may receive the letter at once.

Be calm, only by a calm consideration of our existence
can we achieve our purpose to live together.
Be calm, love me - today - yesterday -
what tearful longings for you -
you - you - my life - my all - farewell.

Oh continue to love me.
Never misjudge the most faithful heart of your beloved.
Ever thine.
Ever mine.
Ever ours.





Movies seen in theaters: 6
DvDs bought: 31

No comments:

Post a Comment