Pages

Friday, April 09, 2010

True Love.

Do you know how loving and awesome my God is? Here is a little glimpse of how much He loves me...

A few nights ago, I was laying outside on my driveway with one of my good (and very talented) friends. One of my most favorite things to do is listen to someone play the acoustic guitar, which he happens to be amazing at. So, he was playing and singing while I was lost in the music and the stars.
(By the way, star gazing is one of my obsessions and has been for many years...)

After he played several songs, he asked me what I would like to hear next. Without pause, I answered "Heaven Song" (by Phil Wickham). As he played, I closed my eyes and had a much needed conversation with God. I was thanking Him for everything He has done for me and telling Him of my worries and insecurities about my future and what I should be doing. I really felt like I needed Him to show me that he heard me and that He is working in my life.

Right after, I opened my eyes and saw a brilliant shooting star. This star was not one of the normal shooting stars I've seen in the past. It was longer and brighter than I have ever seen. It instantly put a smile on my face.

He showed me His beauty and His love by giving me one of my most favorite sights to see. The rest of the night, I was just filled with love and joy and knew my Father was looking down on me and that He was proud of me.

It is truly and amazing feeling knowing that, no matter what is going on, God will be there and comfort you when you call his name. Ask God to show His love and beauty to you, and He will do it in the most special way. He truly loves us all so much and just wants us to love Him with all of our hearts in return. He is always trying to romance us, but we miss it because we are too busy with our daily tasks. Allow Him to show you His love... you will not be disappointed.


And about my worries and insecuritites, they no longer exist. I will be okay no matter what I decide to do in life. My Heavenly Father will always be there to help, love, encourage, and support me.


...I love you, Daddy <3

1 comment: