Pages

Saturday, August 28, 2010

The Hunger Games... a must read!

So, I don't know if you have heard of The Hunger Games or not, but I am going to promote it anyway. I haven't been this obsessed with a book since I first read the Twilight saga. I've just recently purchased the second book of the trilogy (Catching Fire), so I haven't had a chance to read it yet.

The Hunger Games is set in a post apocalyptic society where food is scarce and the government is very controlling. Panem (that once was North America) is made up of the Capitol and 12 Districts. There used to be 13 Districts but the Capitol (which controls the Districts) obliterated the 13th District as a result of an uprising to overthrow the government. Now, as a punishment/reminder to the Districts that the Capitol is still in control, a boy and a girl from each District is randomly chosen to compete in the Hunger Games. It is televised and required that every person watch the kill and bloodshed. Basically, all 24 tributes (contestants) are put into a huge arena (but its more like tons of land) and they are to fight to the death. The winner is the last one alive.

I can't begin to explain how awesome this book is; you must read it and discover the awesomeness yourself! I have been telling everyone that I come in contact with to read it. It is incredible how attention grabbing it is. I can pretty much bet that this trilogy will be turned into a movie franchise. Hopefully, it will be a quality movie; and I really hope they stay true to the book.

Read it and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment