Pages

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

How To: Have Fun with Cassie.

Everyday things I like to do with company:

  • Arts and Crafts! I love to do anything crafty, i.e. make bracelets, paint canvases/pottery/anything really, take knick knacks and make them into something else, "fun science", make t-shirts, ModPodge, etc. It makes me very happy, especially doing these kinds of things with friends. And if you want me to really open up about something, this is probably the way to go... don't ask me why.
  • Volleyball. This is such a fun sport to play with a group of friends, although I am less than mediocre. I play in various locations but I must say that my favorite is outside at Gilbert-Stevenson park on the sand volleyball court... it's a blast! Tennis is fun as well, but I am absolutely dreadful at it.
  • Movie Theater. With the right people (i.e. those who will enjoy the movie without talking through it/making fun of it), going to the theater to see a movie is one of my most favorite experiences. The smell of buttered popcorn, the massive screen that invites you into the movie's world, the ability to prop your feet up on the seat in front of you, and the excitement of seeing a movie for the first time... it gets me everytime.
  • Road Trip. Whether it be 30 minutes down the road, 6 hours, or half a day, I very much enjoy taking a trip with people who I can have a good time with... especially with great music and lots of laughter. The best part of a trip with friends is the journey.
  • Game Night. There is nothing like playing games with a group of friends, especially Apples to Apples, Pop 5, Mexican Dominos, Taboo, Rummikub, Catch Phrase, Signs, Mafia, Spoons, and that game (in Inglorious) where each person has to guess the word/person that is on the card stuck to their forehead (does that game have a name?!). I didn't realize how many games I actually like to play.
  • Reading Group. As in going to Starbucks or Barnes and Noble to read. I know reading is a solitary activity, but having others (Cody! :D) there reading with you makes it more enjoyable. Also, I love when we can put our books down and discuss what we are reading or whatever topic happens to be on our mind. That makes me feel intelligent. ;)
  • Starbucks. I suppose this ties in to the last one, but Starbucks has the perfect atmosphere to just sit, talk, relax, and sip on a delicious latte. And hey, I would add Panera to that list as well.
  • Debate. Even though it's frustrating, I find enjoyment in arguing my side of a discussion and having someone else try to convince me of theirs. Even over something as silly as what "soul mate" means and who Joey really belongs with. I don't like to admit defeat or that I am wrong, so most discussions end in "agree to disagree." It's fun. :)
And here's a tip: if you can make me laugh and keep me laughing, there is nothing we can do that wouldn't be fun to me.

Movies seen in theaters: 6
DvDs bought: 40

1 comment:

  1. The movie thing is about Ashley..oh should I post this as anonymous? Lol

    ReplyDelete