Pages

Monday, February 21, 2011

The Wonder Years: Preschool.

This is the first in a series I have decided to write. I have an awful memory so I want to document as many important/funny/(ir)relevant memories as I can. I am going to attempt to recollect memories as far back as I can remember and start with Preschool. We'll see how long (or short!) this post ends up being...

I was 4 years old in 1993 when I started Preschool. I went to North Augusta First Baptist and I distinctly remember walking that same hall everyday to my classroom. That is probably my most vivid memory of Preschool. Mom always walked me inside and held my hand. I can also remember the way the room was set up. We had different "stations" of playthings. One area had a kitchen with supplies, one area was a colorful rug, and one area had building blocks inside of cubbies and bins. We were broken up in groups and were allotted a certain amount of time in one area then had to switch to the next one.

There were also several small tables where we sat and ate at snack time. The kitchen area (for the adults) was very small and the cabinets were painted blue I think. Before we ate our snack, we said a blessing resembling "God is great, God is good; Let us thank Him for our food; By His hands, we all are fed; Give us Lord, our daily bread; Amen."

There is one specific event that I can remember, though. It may be partly because we have it on tape but also parlty because I got to be my favorite Disney Princess. For Halloween, we were allowed to dress up and I went as Belle from Beauty and the Beast. I wore her yellow ball gown and crown. I remember thinking what a big deal it was that I was Belle, I really did feel like a princess that day.

I actually have a picture from Halloween that year hanging up on my memory board. I was Belle, Ash was Jasmine, Cody was Aladdin, Brandy was a Hershey Kiss, Blakeley was Minnie Mouse, and Austin was Winnie the Pooh (so cute!).

Growing up with those I have just listed was the best thing that could have ever happened to me. To this day, we are all still the best of friends. I can't wait to share with you all of our fun little stories from our formative years... they make me smile. :)

Movies seen in theaters: 6
DvDs bought: 40

1 comment:

  1. This makes me smile! Keep these posts coming bc I love this idea!

    Your number 1 fan,
    Ash

    ReplyDelete