Pages

Thursday, May 27, 2010

S10BL: ROCK & ROLLercoasters.

On our first day of S10BL, we knocked two activities off of our list: Six Flags and an unbelievable concert.
Sunday, we (Ash, Em, and I) got up early and left for Six Flags at about 7:30 am. We stopped to eat a delicious breakfast at Hardees so that actually put us on the road at about 8. It only takes about an hour and a half to get there from where we live so we arrived an hour early. I suppose we were just too excited to think about the time we'd actually arrive when we planned our day. We're such nerds. :P
We decided to kill some time at Starbucks because we are addicts.
When we finally got to the park, we headed straight for Batman, our favorite ride. We expected to have a little wait since it is such a popular ride, but there was no wait at all! We walked right up to the roller coaster and jumped on. Anxious and excited, we flew through our first ride of the day. Afterwards - both dizzy and pumped - we decided to go back through. Again, there was NO WAIT! Definitely our lucky day. xD
We all agreed that the second time we rode Batman was so much better than the first. I felt like a little kid again!

After that, we met up with Cody (my brother), Paige, and Noah. We decided to go on Batman again so they could ride it. We had a little bit of a wait this time, but no more than 10 minutes. I could tell it was going to be a great day. :)

We then walked around in the blistering heat and rode tons of other rides. I would have to say that Goliath is my new all time favorite ride! As we were riding to the top for the first drop, Emily and Paige freaked out. It was hilarious! Em couldn't even open her eyes. HA. The first drop is (if I heard correctly) at an 80 degree angle, making it such a rush to fly down it. And the rest of the ride was no disappointment. It is seriously the best roller coaster I have ever been on. We rode it two more times throughout the day!

I am convinced we all would have died of a heat stroke if it wasn't for the two souvenir cups we invested in. With free refills all day, we couldn't have had a better deal. Advice: If you go to Six Flags this summer, purchase this cup. It will be the best decision you ever make. ;)

At one point during the day, we stopped at the kids water park to cool off our burning skin. I have never been so appreciative of water. There was a little black boy who absolutely made our day. I suppose he was afraid of the water because he would stand at the very edge of where water was shooting out and make the funniest face I have ever seen. You could tell he wanted to get wet, but it terrified him. I would have taken a picture if I wouldn't have seemed like a stalker. :P

Now for the concerts:
Cartel and All Time Low were amazing! I have loved Cartel for a long time but after that show, I fell in love even more. They sound just like they do on their CD, which is rare these days. And, they are just so cute to watch. xD All Time Low had a great performance. They sounded awesome and had a great on stage presence. They are so funny! Big plus. Cady Groves was so cute (both her personality and her songs). I loved her voice; it was a cross between Cassadee Pope from Hey Monday and Taylor Swift. We actually got to talk to her afterwards and she is so nice and down to earth. If you haven't heard of her, look her up! Boys like Girls were a disappointment. They acted weird on stage and the lead's voice was completely gone. He sounded horrible.. pitchy and straining. These weren't the only bands playing, but we didn't catch any of the other acts (Hanson, Forever the Sickest Kids, etc.).. there was just too much fun to be had. We definitely had a "Six Flays day". haha!


We didn't leave Atlanta until 9 pm, so you can imagine how exhausted we were. As soon as I got home (around 10:30), I got ready for bed and passed out. All in all, it was an AWESOME DAY... fun rides, awesome bands, and amazing company. xD




Left to Right: Noah, Emily, myself, Cody, Ashley, & Paige






No comments:

Post a Comment