Pages

Monday, May 31, 2010

I love my readers!

I started writing a short story, about a month or so ago, of some of the characters from the book I will be writing in November. I had a writing date with one of my friends so that we could give each other moral support and encouragement to keep writing (he was writing a song). Well, like I said, it was about a month ago and I definitely didn't finish that day.

So, last night I got the urge to just write something... anything... and I picked up my forgotten short story. Things kept flowing and it felt really good to get it all out and be on my way to a finished product. I am still not done with it, but it's being worked on! 

I read what I have so far to my roommate to get some feedback about it, and she seemed to really like it (but she could just be being nice). HA. Anyways, that act of sharing my story (of which I am personally attached) was a big step for me. Writing this blog has really helped me to open up about my feelings, my fears, and what I am writing in general, which was what I was hoping for when I started back in April.

I just basically wanted to thank all of you for putting up with my writing and for encouraging me the way you do. It really is becoming easier and easier to write, and I have so much fun doing it!

If you all wouldn't mind, I would love to share my short story with you when I have finished it... but you all have got to show me some love on here. :) Start commenting your thoughts, similar experiences, critiques of my writing... anything! Just let me know I can get more personal with you. It really helps when I know what I'm writing and what your reading are more than just my crazy thoughts and stories.

I would also love to know WHO is reading this blog. I was so surprised to find out that my uncle David has read it... he actually commented on one of the posts. (Thanks, David!) See, people I don't even expect to even know about my blog read it. It could be the same with you! I would love for you all to follow me and/or comment on any or all posts. It will be interesting to see who all is in my small audience.

I love you all and can't wait to hear from you!

2 comments:

  1. i did read it. is there a prize? mikeconrad@doglover.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your prize: the satisfaction of knowing that you just made my day :o)

    ReplyDelete