Pages

Friday, October 22, 2010

Accountabil-a-buddy.

So, you know how I said we were going to work on the scavenger hunt Tuesday night? Well, what do ya know... we procrastinated two more days and didn't get it done until Thursday night (with Jacob's help!). We will go far in life. :P

Brandy (my seester!) arrived last night from WV. She will be visiting us until Tuesday or Wednesday! It's so good to have her home. I wish Mat (brotha-in-law!) could have come with her, but he is taking some of his youth to visit Mid-America University this weekend. Cody (my brotha!) is also coming in with my mother to visit. This will be a fantastic weekend. :)

I will officially start planning my WriMo novel on Sunday, which gives me a week until I start. Guys, I am so nervous! I have butterflies. What if I can't do it?! *hangs head low*... I'll be a failure. I've built up everyone around me with my determination to win these 30 nights of literary abandon... I don't want to let them all down.

Oh my goodness, I sound so negative. I will need encouragement. And caffeine. Maybe if everyone holds me accountable for my word count each day, I will be able to drag my feet to the finish line. I will keep you all updated on here as often as I can. If I am not progressively raising my word count like I should be (at least 1,667 words per day!) I give you permission to punish/chastise me the way you see fit.

---

I have decided to leave you with the scavenger hunt clues if you guys would like to read them. It is Twilight themed, and therefore I must warn you, a little cheesy. xD Feel free to leave a comment if you would like to guess the places in Chattanooga we will be heading to.

The party starts at a house where we will be having cheese (instead of mushroom) ravioli at "La Bella Italia" (the place of Edward and Bella's first date). There will be a Team Edward and Team Jacob, and I think they will be looking for Bella...

La Bella Italia was a beautiful site.
While it was their beginning, it's not the end of your night.
Let's head downtown and find who is waiting for you;
Jacob and Edward will have your next clue.

Let's head to the place where they serve treats on a cone.
Just like Edward's skin, it's as cold as stone.

The weather in Forks is always wet;
The same goes for these "raining steps".

"Hold on tight, Spidermonkey," it will make you say "ouch!";
When you  take a seat on this big, not-so-comfy couch.

The House of Cullen is a site to behold.
It's like a museum, beautiful and old;
What Bella expected were dungeons and moats,
but from this balcony, we can see the river and boats.

At the start of this trail,
give the dog a high five;
Then follow Jacob's paw prints
to the other side.

As Bella decides who will take her heart,
the end of this ride is also its start.

You have the two sides of Edward and Jake,
and each girl has a side that she will take.
Some say they're with Jake, others Edward, I am.
But it will always be the lion and lamb.

From cover to cover to the big screen,
Meet at this platform to make a big scene.

After the hunt is over, each team will act out a scene from the books/movies. They will have 15 minutes to put together then they will perform for whoever is in the park that day.

This scavenger hunt is only a small part of what is going on. My aunt does such a great job at planning amazing birthday parties. :)

3 comments:

  1. YOU CAN DO IT CASSIEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. pretty sure i know where all of them are

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds awesome! You guys did a great job! Cleva, cleva, I must say! :)

    ReplyDelete