Pages

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Mars, Stars, Cars and.... Harry Potter.

As each day passes, I grow more and more in love with Bruno Mars and his sexy voice. (However, I prefer not to look at him. He sounds better than he looks.) Haha. He is one of the better artists on the radio right now. I don't know why radio stations feel the need to play Lady Gaga, Ke$ha, and Rihanna over and over again. I wish they would disappear from the entertainment world altogether... move to Montana and become school teachers or something. They're beyond aggravating. It's the reason I prefer listening to my iPod in the car.

I am discovering some great stuff on my iPod that I didn't really know existed. Don't you just love that, hearing a song that has been in your reach for months and months and one day you just happened to listen to it and it completely blows you away? It's like I was the first ever to hear it, even though I know that is False. (Yes, with a capital f.) But still, I like discovering my own music.

In other entertainment news, I saw The Town last night per Cody's suggestion, and it was thrilling! I was on edge pretty much the entire movie. Ben Affleck - what a fine specimen. I knew he was good looking and all, but his kick-butt character in this film made me rethink the category I had him under. He personifies every girl's bad boy fantasy in The Town. I now want my own sweet but tough bank robber. :P

Speaking of bad boys with brooding muscles, the 5th installment of the Fast and the Furious franchise is coming out next year. In my opinion, there are one too many of these films. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love them (with the exception of Tokyo Drift) with every movie-thriving-fiber that I have, but I don't want them to run this franchise into the ground. Know what I mean?

Anyway, I do have to say that this new one, Fast Five, looks action packed, thrilling, and downright awesome. Hopefully, though, this will be the last. I am excited to see that everyone, and I mean everyone, has returned to be in this film! Vin Diesel. Need I say more? ;) Paul Walker - the charm of a boy with the rebel without a cause attitude. Gotta love that. Tyrese Gibson - one of my favorite comic relief characters of all time. Funny, funny man. And, of course, the others have returned as well. The Rock is also in this one. I am not too sure how I feel about that. I kind of wished they would have brought in a name that is not as widely known, but whatev. It will be epic no matter what.

In unrelated news, my week definitely improved when my brotha got in town yesterday. He always knows how to brighten my day. We exchanged our Christmas presents and I would have to say that he won the "Best Present Ever Given" award. I gave him the Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows XBox 360 game, which is a pretty nice gift... but he gave me a Harry Potter Film Wizardry book. It. Is. Amazing. It holds information about the entire film franchise and the wizarding world itself as seen through Jo Rowling's eyes. There is a sketch of an aerial view of Hogwarts and the surrounding areas that was drawn by Jo in one of the first meetings with the producers and directors. There are also inserts including the Marauder's Map, Yule Ball invitation, Quidditch World Cup Programme, and an acceptance letter to Hogwarts School. I am taking my time and carefully reading every single word because this world of magic really does have me under a spell. What would we be without our imagination and the ability to dream? I hold this series very close to my heart. Being able to explore the world in this way brings me joy. :)

If I don't see you all before then, I hope you all have an amazing Christmas! Don't forget the reason for the season.
Jesus is love.

No comments:

Post a Comment