Pages

Wednesday, March 02, 2011

A little bit of everything.

Be kind,
for everyone you meet
is fighting a hard battle.
-Plato

Hm, I like starting with a random quote. I may do this more often.

What?! This is an actual update from the World of Cassie? ...so rare...so interesting...so past due!

I have no excuse for not updating. Almost every night for the past couple of weeks have been devoted to the complete series of Gilmore Girls (a birthday present from my sisters), which could have been watched while blogging. Oh, well. I just started season 6... two full seasons until the end! Because it's of importance of the kind of person I am: I am pro Jess, anti Dean; pro Luke, anti Christopher (or any other man for that matter); and although I am pro Jess, Logan is my favorite pick for Rory.

Other than that, I haven't been doing much lately, just hanging out with friends and working. It's not a glamorous life, but I am blessed with great friends, so I can't really complain about that.

I had a really bad stye under my eyelid for two straight days. It made my eye swell so that it would only open halfway, obscurring my vision and making me look like Rocky. ("Yo, Adrian!") It is finally getting better, but it is still a little swollen. Man, it hurt like Hades.

Ash and Jake had an incedent happen to them. Ash was cooking dinner and accidentally started a grease fire. If Jake hadn't walked in at that moment, the house would have caught fire. Jake got the fire under control and put out, but not without a few battle scars. His left arm, both of his hands, and the left side of his neck/face got burned. It wasn't severe, thank God, but it did do some damage. Poor Jake had to keep putting aloe on to soothe the burning sensation. God is healing him very quickly. This happened Saturday and he is so much better than before.

---

I wrote that yesterday and I wanted to separate that from today. It was a good day.

Being off of work always makes for a good day, but this was an especially great day off. Of course, I watched a few episodes of Gilmore Girls this morning while we had tile being put in the bathrooms, loudly I might add. Around lunch time, I went to my grandpa's and cleaned out my car. Finally. It was disgusting. I then drove to the car wash and gave LJ a good shower. He sure needed it. After, I vacuumed out the inside and now LJ is bright, shiny, and clean! I was proud.

I rewarded my excellence with trip to McKay's for a few good DvDs. That really put me in the mood to do something crafty. I had in mind exactly what I wanted to do, but the Walmart I went to didn't have what I needed, so I settled on the next best thing. (I may show you guys pictures in a future post.) I made it for Ash and she hasn't seen it yet, so I don't want to give it away right now, but I think it's pretty cool. I even made one for myself.

I decided that is what I want to do. I want to make things, decor type things. How awesome of a job would that be?!

Anyway, I ate with Leah at Moe's (YUM!) and then it was off to the movie with her and Chris. It is Wednesday which means dollar movie day at the cheap theater! One of the best inventions known to man. We saw The Tourist. Incredible movie. In the beginning, I was a little unsure about it but it got better as time went on. The twist is what made it great. Ah, I loved it!

This whole day has just been awesome. The weather was perfect, my spirits were high, and the company was excellent. I need more days like this one.

Movies seen in theater: 8
DvDs bought: 46

No comments:

Post a Comment