Pages

Sunday, June 19, 2011

The Wonder Years: Fourth Grade.

To be honest, I don't remember much about fourth grade. It's like I blocked that entire school year from my mind.

Well, I do remember I had Mrs. Henderson (I think that was her name... that could be the name of a teacher I had in middle school... not sure) and that this was the year we started CCC Lab. I actually enjoyed it because we got to learn things on the computer. One lesson that sticks out in my mind is the use of levers when trying to hoist something into the air. Part of the lesson on the computer, I helped "build a pyramid."

This was the year that I started wearing a bra. I was so unhappy with my mom for making me wear one. She tricked me and Ash one day by taking us shopping for clothes, but she really planned to make us try on a buy our first bra. I was humiliated. I felt like everyone could tell I was wearing one and got so embarrassed. Eventually I got over it because all of my other friends started wearing them too. I suppose it was just awkward because it meant my body was changing and that meant that people would notice and I would be different. I just wanted to blend in.

I could be wrong, but this may also be the year I started shaving my legs. Mom would make Ash and I wear panty hose to church sometimes and I remember one day looking at my legs with those horrid things on them and seeing little blond hairs sticking through in a few random places. I didn't like how it did that and I didn't like that those awful tights made me itch because of the hair, so Mom finally taught me to shave. Well, I say taught me but she actually shaved my legs for me for a while.

That's about as much as I can remember from that year at school... guess I just wasn't too impressed about fourth grade.

Movies seen in theater: 34
DvDs bought: 62

No comments:

Post a Comment