Pages

Friday, June 10, 2011

Allergic to work.

Wednesday was my first day off in almost two weeks. I had planned on updating that day, but I really didn't even want to be on a computer, so I am here now. Did you miss me? ;)

Over a week ago, I started to notice the sting in my throat and my voice would go in and out. I thought maybe I was getting sick because of the stress work has been putting on me (because of the new tech, Lady). My ever amazing nurse sister, Brandy, said that it could be stress induced sickness but that it sounded like allergies. I highly doubted the latter because I have never had allergies before. So, every day seemed to get worse and added more symptoms: coughing like a smoker, coughing up phlegmy nastiness, sneezing, itchy eyes, and a nasally voice. I have finally accepted that I am, in fact, getting older (you know, into my mid-20's), my immune system is deteriorating, and I now have seasonal allergies. (The pity party is planned for this Saturday. I expect you all to be there, thanks.)

I work today and then I am off until Tuesday, thank God! I really need this weekend break to de-stress and have fun. And hopefully, I will get myself out in the sun (preferably near a pool) so I can get my initial burn over. I sure wish I had Cody, Brandy, and Dad's olive complexion that instantly tans when kissed by the sun. Even Mom tans easily, granted she is 1/4 Cherokee indian. Ash and I got the light eyes and pale skin, mine worse than hers. I have a pink undertone, dang it.

I know it is way overdue, but I finally got my hair trimmed. The stylist also put layers in it. I scrunched and slept on it last night, and it feels like I have really thin hair, pretty much like I have next to no hair left. It's weird. I need to straighten it and see if I can handle it. I'm scared to see the end result. *fingers crossed*

33 days until Smartt Sibling Staycation!

Movies seen in theaters: 32
DvDs bought: 62

No comments:

Post a Comment