Pages

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Dancing on the edge of the Hollywood sign.

I feel the need to dote on Elle Fanning for just a moment. She is the 13 year old sister of Dakota Fanning, who took her first role as the younger version of Dakota in I Am Sam. (And boy, they are eerily similar.) She co-starred in the new film Super 8, which I happened to see last night. The movie was amazing; definitely one of the best films I've seen so far this year. Aside from the movie, I was incredibly impressed by Elle. What an actress! (I guess it runs in the blood.) She seemed so comfortable in front of the camera and she played her role with such excellence. I really was blown away by her performance. Elle has a few movies in pre-production right now, so I am sure we can expect great things from this young actress.

While I've got you here in movie mode, I should probably discourage you from seeing Green Lantern. Nine dollars and two hours of my life wasted. Not even the handsome Ryan Reynolds could make up for the torture my brain went through. It was worse than Thor (which I didn't think would be possible). I don't know why the industry is leaning so much on CGI these days; it's overkill and drastically downgrades the quality of the film. Yes, there are some movies where the CGI is amazing (i.e. Avatar, Star Trek, and X-Men: First Class), but it seems as though every movie is using the technology to their disadvantage.

With that being said, I would like to see less new/remade superhero movies, less sequels (apart from HP/Twilight movies ;),  and more... well... more originality. That may be asking a little too much, I know, but it would be a greatly appreciated change. And if the creative well is running a little dry, there are libraries full of ingenious novels waiting to be brought life.

Goodness, Hollywood needs to hire me.

Movies seen in theater: 35
DvDs bought: 62

No comments:

Post a Comment