Pages

Monday, October 04, 2010

My name is Cassie. Not Cathy.

It happens far too often at work for me to just laugh about. I suppose the people on the phone don't really listen to begin with, but I clearly say "Cassie"... you know, with a "ssssssss" sound; the person on the other side of the line always feels a need to repeat my name. The wrong name. How annoying.

-----------------------------------

Well, I've got some exciting news about a new, young writer. Her name is Hali, and she is my 10 (very soon to be 11) year old cousin. Apparently, there was a young kid in the news or on a talk show or something that wrote a short story or novella about a group of fictitious people on the Titanic. This child was getting all kinds of attention about it.

My cousin, the diva that she is, decides that she is going to write a book about people on the Titanic too because one way or another, she IS going to be famous. I just love her "it's all about me" attitude. She's so cute! :)

Anyway, she has written about four chapters already so my sister and I got to read what she has so far. Apart from grammatical errors (which is expected; come on, she's only 10!), it is starting out quite beautifully. My aunt told us the gist of the plot and it is going to be amazing. She already had me tearing up and it hasn't even been written yet.

The crazy thing is that the story has tragedies in it that my cousin has never experienced; her imagination is so vast and grown up. I am so impressed by the plot she has created. I really do believe she will make something of herself someday. 

Oh, to be young and determined...
;)

1 comment: