Pages

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Noviembre viene.

It's official. I am going to Carolina Beach, NC for a weekend in November! November: the month I am writing my first novel. What could be better than writing on the beach when it's cold out?! Nothing. ;)

And I won't just be writing; I will have the distraction of friends and fun times to be had. This means I will need to get as much writing done as I can before the trip so I don't have to make up for lost time afterward.

Carolina Beach is about 15 miles from Wilmington so we will also be visiting that historic city. Ashley's best friend, Laken, lives in Wilmington, which means Ash will get to see where her best friend now lives. And I can't be sure, but I don't think they've seen each other in about six months. I'm glad we can reunite them. :)

Guys, November is going to be the best month this year; NaNoWriMo starts, I have a four day weekend, going to Carolina Beach, Harry Potter comes out, the time changes so it will get dark quicker... and not to mention, it's finally getting colder out. I have been looking forward to November since February, and it will be here in a few short weeks.

You know, writing an entire novel in one month is going to take up almost all of my free time anyway, but there are these few specific events I just have to be a part of. So, other than what is already planned, I will not be taking part in anything but writing (and church!), so don't be offended if I opt out on hanging out with any of you. It's not personal. :)

If, however, you are in school and will have homework, I am all for having a "study date" with you! It may keep me motivated and you might also inspire a character or plot point.

Until then, it's still October and I still don't have a costume for Halloween. Any suggestions?

1 comment:

  1. YESSSSS!!!!!! I'm totally going to be calling you for study dates!

    ReplyDelete