Pages

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Good News & Bad News.

Good news first:

1) I got a MacBook Pro! It was supposed to be a Christmas present from momma, but after mentioning I could use this brilliant piece of technology for my novel writing, she let me have it early! I love my momma :) Ash got one too. With all of our new technology ownerships, I think the Smartt sisters are moving up in the world. ;)

2) Now that I have a MacBook, I have Skype! (In a previous post, I mentioned how much I wanted to be able to Skype people... and now I can!) Can't wait to try it out soon!

3) The beach trip is less than two weeks away! I can't wait to go - it's going to be a blast! If each of our work schedules permits, Emily, Ashley, and I are going to leave Thursday night from here and head to North Augusta for the night since we have to pass through there to go to NC anyways. Friday morning is when we'll head up to Carolina Beach for our fun filled weekend. :D

4) NaNoWriMo starts in about 4.75 hours... 50,000 words?! I must be crazy..



5) Mine and Emily's costumes last night were very successful. Emily was Miss America and I was 1st Runner Up. I fixed my makeup so that it looked like I was crying, I had a very small version of Emily's crown, and my sash said "1st Runner Up (LOSER)" on it. Haha! We had fun. :)


6) My brother finally got a car! He's been without one for a while after an accident that totaled that piece of crap; he now owns a 2005 Mazada 3. I'm so happy he finally has one.. he deserves it.

Bad news:

1) I was going through the steps of putting Microsoft Office on my MacBook when the site told me my PIN number wasn't activated. I was told to take it back to Best Buy so they could activate it for me, so I did just that. When I got there, they told me that there wasn't anything they could do about it. The lady told me I had to call the 800 number for Best Buy and I'd probably have to send it back so they could send me a new one. So I left there and called the number and talked to some person that told me they couldn't help me.. the guy on the line told me I had to go to the store I got it from and get them to activate my PIN number... really, people? This is ridiculous. So I went on the Microsoft website and got a number to call because I thought maybe they could help me or activate the thing for me. This lady was actually helpful in the informational way.. she told me about the shipment Best Buy had that went wrong.. there were some technical difficulties. She also told me I would get an email about it, a new product in the mail, and a $10 gift card for Best Buy. I'm glad they are going to fix the problem and all, but I still don't have the software on my computer. I was counting on it so that I could write my novel on here. I mean, I guess I still can write it on here (get a notepad widget or something) but I was super excited to have it all laid out and ready to go. It's okay though, at least I have a Mac. :)

2) Paige isn't going on the beach trip anymore. :( She has been planning to go to a certain football game with one of her friends for a while and she thought it was the weekend before our trip, but she just found out its the same weekend. Bummer :/  We'll miss her!

---

November is almost here! Pray for my sanity. :)

1 comment:

  1. just in case microsoft word doesn't work again....macs have textedit. it's like notepad. just go to the top right of your screen and search for it and it'll be there!

    ReplyDelete