Pages

Monday, November 08, 2010

NaNoWriMo Day 8

I have been hiding myself in shame because I am not writing like I should be. *hangs head low* Right now, I should be at 11,669 words and working towards 13,336. I am currently at 9,768.


I really need to buckle down and write. I am hoping for a sudden urge to write until I my fingers fall off, but it hasn't happened yet. I did, however, receive motivation one night from Emily because she promised a great surprise if I wrote 1,000 words within the hour. I succeeded, of course. :) And last night, I wrote 1,000 more words because of a threat made by Bubba. Again, I met the goal. I seem to work better when I have something hanging over my head.

---

In non-nano news, Emily found out she can't go with us to the NC beach anymore... her work did not approve her to have this Friday off. :/  My curse took a low blow with this one. I never plan things because somehow, the plans NEVER work out. But when we were planning this trip, everything seemed in line and nothing could get in the way. Wrong, once again, Cassie; you should know better than to plan anything too far in advance. So with Paige and Emily out, Shelly having to work, Blakeley having a test/her bf coming in town for the first time since he moved away, Leah already taking too much time off of work recently, and Bubba having school, it looks like it will be just Ashley and myself. And possibly Cody! If he doesn't have a test, my brother will get to join us, so that is a plus! :)

I think Laken (Ash's friend who lives up there) will be spending most of the weekend with us too. So we won't be completely alone. I am so excited! We are leaving after work on Thursday and staying the night at Blakeley's house in North Augusta. Then we're off to NC Friday morning!

My friend Donald (aka Bubba) started his very own blog last night. (Click here to read it!) Since he just started it, he only has one post, but I encourage you to go ahead and be one of his followers... it's going to be great! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment