Pages

Friday, November 19, 2010

NaNoWriMo Day 19 & All Kinds of Magic

Yesterday was my day off so I had all day to write, and once again, I was a slacker. I mean, I did write a bunch, but not nearly as much as I should have. But, I do have a legitimate excuse... it was the Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 1 premier! I was too excited to write. :P

Ash, Jake, and I went to dinner with Emily before we went to the theater. We went to Moe's (YUM!) and since it was Thursday night, the illusionist was there. (He is there every Thursday from 6-8 or 6-9... can't remember right now.) He just completely blew my mind.  He placed a single red, squishy ball in my hand and counted to three for me to open it and when I did, there were two balls! I kid you not, while he was counting, I could feel the second ball forming in my hand. He uses this stuff as his ministry so I am pretty sure he has Jesus magic. (Like, Jesus literally helps him do what he does.) There was no other explanation for it. It was amazing. If you have a Thursday night that you're free, go to Moe's on Gunbarrel in Chattanooga, he is awesome.

After dinner, we had an hour and a half to kill before 10:00, which was when we were planning to go to the theater. So we went to Walmart and looked around a bit, then we headed to the theater for the two hour wait to see HP7.

Usually with premiers, we have to wait in the lobby forever until they actually let us into a theater, but as soon as we got there, they seated us in theater 4. It was much more organized and way less chaotic, but I actually enjoy waiting in the lobby and people watching, especially when people dress up... and these people were dressed up. But no worries, we actually had a fun group of people in our theater. There were about 10-15 teenagers who were playing different games in that open space between the front row and the screen. They started out with ninja, then went on to charades (which the whole audience got involved in), and they played a few other games I wasn't too familiar with. It was entertaining.

The movie itself was incredible. It was epic, it was dark, it was perfect. My body was literally tensed up the entire time. I was so nervous that at certain points, I realized I was holding my breath... I had to make myself breathe. It was that intense. I don't really want to say anymore than that about it because it really is something you have to see for yourself. This really is the most amazing movie franchise ever, I will be sad to see it end next July.

It was 2:30 am by the time the movie ended. I was too wired to go to bed right away when I got home, so I wrote for a while. I wrote over 1,000 words to be more precise. Watching that movie made me just want to keep writing all night, I suppose it gave me inspiration. After a while though, I had to go to bed because I have work today. But even so, for going to be around 4, I am not even tired. Crazy, huh?

I am going to write tonight, of coure, but to make sure I don't get too distracted, I am having Ashley be with me to watch my every move so that I write without ceasing. She knows how to control her sister. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment