Pages

Sunday, November 28, 2010

NanoWriMo Day 28

Well guys, I'm failing miserably at reaching my goal. I have not written anything in days. My family and a friend came into town for Thanksgiving break so I just could not get myself to sit and write. 


I am not blaming their presence for my slack, that is totally on me. Once I started slipping away, I just kept finding reasons to put it off even longer. Cassie, you should be ashamed.


However, I had so much fun this past week. Brandy and Mat came for Thanksgiving from West Virginia; Cody, Mom, and Dad came from South Carolina; Bubba came from Murfreesboro; plus, I had the rest of my extended family already in town.


Tuesday is when everyone came to Chattanooga. Brandy and Mat arrived first. We went to lunch and then Hobby Lobby so B could do some Christmas decor shopping. We then headed back to Pawpaw's house because Cody and Mom arrived. After hanging out for a while with them, I went to Bubba's house for Knox's 1st birthday party where I got to hang out with the Johnson's, Mary Kathleen, and tons of other people for a while. It was great; I love being around all of them. I then went to my aunt and uncle's house, where I found out that my uncle Brad is one of my biggest fans. [I love you, Brad! :) ]


Wednesday, after working half a day, Cody and I went to Panera for a while. I was supposed to be writing and he was supposed to be reading, but we ended up just talking, laughing, and watching youtube videos. Typical. ;) Then we went with Ash, Brandy, Bubba, and Jacob to River City Pottery (I think that's the name of the place) where we painted different pottery pieces. It was so much fun. I can't wait to pick up our masterpieces in a few days! I want to go again soon.


Thursday was Thanksgiving so it was just a relaxing and food-filled day. We ate at Mawmaw's first and stayed there to hang out with family until it was time to go eat again at Pawpaw's. We stayed there the rest of the day until B, Cody, Mat, and I came back to my house. Bubba eventually came over that night. He, Cody, and I stayed up all night until we got ready to head out for Black Friday.


Which brings us to Friday. Us three and B left my house at 4 am to go pick up Ash. We love to see the craziness that happens on Black Friday; that is the main reason we venture out on this crazy day. We started at the mall; more specifically, outside of Victoria's Secret. There was a large crowd huddled around the closed door waiting to get in. Cody, the funny guy that he is, started a slow clap and counted down from ten when the workers went to open the door. It was hilarious... people in the crowd went along with him. After the doors opened, we pushed our way in and had a few laughs. People were going insane. I think many of them just grabbed a handful of whatever was near them and got in line because by the time we got towards the front of the store, there was already a few long lines at the checkout. At that point, we shoved our way out of the store. We then ate breakfast with Mom, Stacie, and Hali and walked around to browse through the stores. Eventually, Bubba, Cody and I split from the others and left the mall. We visited a few places: Guitar Center, Academy Sports, Old Navy, McKay's, Walmart, and GameStop; The only thing I ended up buying were a few movies from McKay's. We also sat in Starbucks for a while just talking, laughing, and enjoying our delicious drinks. We even ended up with a free White Chocolate Mocha. (I ditched my drink and took that one.)
After the long day of shopping (which ended while it was still morning), Cody and I went home and I took a much needed nap. Then it was time to get things ready for my Pawpaw's wedding. That's right, my grandpa got remarried. It was a very sweet ceremony. Mat actually got to marry Pawpaw and Myrna, so that was really cool. After the wedding and reception were over, Brandy and Mat had to depart. :( My siblings and I cried... it felt like it did when they moved away from us last year. It was just as hard to say goodbye this time as it was the first time. I didn't like it... I miss them all the time.
Later, Cody, Charles (my cousin), and I met my dad at Steak and Shake which was fun. It is always so funny when my dad and Cody get together. They are hilarious.


Saturday, I had to work. Bleh. Daddy left that morning so he came by my work to say goodbye. After work, Cody and I met up with Ash, Jake, and some of our friends for dinner. We left there and went to buy me a Rubik's cube (which I have yet to learn how to do). Cody has been playing with his all week and is getting faster and faster at solving it, so I am determined to learn. The Locke's invited us over so we went and played Mexican Dominoes with Mary Kathleen, Douglas, and Will. I have never lost so bad in my life. We played so that each player accumulated their own points (lowest number wins, largest number loses). I came in last place with 701 points. Pathetic. I think Will came in first with a double digit score.


Sunday (which would be today), I went to church and got to eat lunch with the Johnson's. Cody left at 8 this morning so I had to say bye to him before I even got ready for church. :( I wish he would move here. And, Bubba had to go back to school (boo) so we had to say our goodbyes today as well. He did get to make his stocking, though, to hang up in my house. Jacob made one too. So now, along with those two, Ash, Leah, Chris, and I have our stockings hanging in my living room. We put up our tree and other decorations and it is finally beginning to feel like Christmas. :)


Alright, enough rambling about this past week. Time for bed so I can get up and make money. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment