Pages

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Snow Days.

The past few days have been one big snowed in adventure (HA, riiight). Starting about midweek last week, the weathermen had been anticipating a big snow storm starting Sunday at midnight. I was skeptical at first because they tend to be wrong, but they were very right this time.


I stayed with Ash Sunday night because 1) I wanted to be snowed in with people, and not by myself like last year and 2) my heat happened to stop working Sunday morning at my house. We spent that night watching movies with Jake (he was snowed in with us). Right at midnight, the snow started falling rapidly and stuck to the ground immediately. I have never seen snow pile up that fast. We went to bed having so much snow already on the ground with no end in sight. Luckily, our office prepared to already close for Monday and possibly Tuesday. 


After two bad dreams and a rough night of sleep, I woke up around 8 with Ash and Jake and we went out to enjoy the powdery and glorious snow. We played in it for a bit. And by "played" I mean:
-Going in and out of the house because it was so freaking cold.
-I threw shovels of snow at Ash and Jake.
-Ash tried to make a snow angel... the cold and wetness of the snow got to her before she could flap her arms and legs.
-They threw snowballs at each other and were too scared to throw them at me. I had the shovel. ;)
-I made a "snow face" instead of a snow angel. This entailed me sticking my whole face in a pile of snow on Ash's car. It was not a good idea.
-I made a snow cube and decided we should start using them instead of ice cubes. I took it inside to show the others and it melted in my hand in about 10 seconds.


When we couldn't handle the cold any longer, we went inside and watched more movies/tv, took naps, ate lunch, and lazed around. As it got close to dinner time, we bundled up and ventured on foot to the store that is kind of up the road from my Pawpaw's house. It was a nice walk after being cooped up in the house since 6 the night before. We spent the rest of the night watching movies/tv, making dinner, and hanging out. We were also snowed in Tuesday. The roads were slick and we were trapped in the driveway. So again, we stayed inside and made waffles. Yum! 


Around 2 or 3, I was getting antsy... I needed to get out of the house and just drive somewhere. Unknowingly, Ash and Jake shoveled the driveway and positioned my car so that I could leave. (Thanks, guys!) I drove to my house. The roads leading up to my hood had all been perfectly cleared. My neighborhood, however, was still icy and slick and I couldn't get up my driveway because it was still fully covered with snow. I parked at the bottom of it and trekked up the steep hill to my house, almost falling down about 7 times. 


It was still freezing in my house, so I knew not to even try to stay there. I took a long, hot shower to thaw my bones. Afterwards, I quickly threw on layers and buried myself under my comforter and another blanket because even the layers I was wearing could not keep out the cold. The blankets did not help either. I was so cold that I could not move. Seriously, I stayed still and curled up on my bed for longer than I should have because any movement I made just made things worse. Eventually, I had to get up and get moving before I lost my fingers and toes to frost bite. I packed my stuff and flew out of the door. 


I had planned on going to Ash's house again, but her and Jake were at prayer at their church (and I don't have a key) so I drove around for a bit taking in the heat that filled my car. Bubba called about 20 minutes later and invited me over, so I gladly accepted. I hung out with his family last night until the point where I either needed to get quickly over to my sister's or just decide to stay there. So, I just decided to stay. We played games and watched movies. It was a fun night.


Today, I hung out for a bit until Bubba was getting his things ready to head back to school. (Boo!) I ate lunch, visited my never-to-be-warm-again house, and then came to Starbucks where I am currently sitting and relaxing. This White Chocolate Mocha was just the thing I needed to warm me up after days of cold. I am staying again with Ash tonight. Our heat should be getting fixed as I type this; hopefully, I will be able to live in warmth at home once again very soon.


It's been nice to be able to hang out for a few days without having to worry about anything else, but I am ready for things to be normal again. Not having internet for my Mac has made things boring. I wanted to blog so bad. This is something I never say, but I am excited to work tomorrow. I don't think I could participate in another day of nothing.


Hope you all have a great rest of the week!
Keep warm and stay excellent.

No comments:

Post a Comment