Pages

Wednesday, April 07, 2010

NaNoWriMo 2010

I learned about NaNoWriMo a few weeks ago and have been so excited since the moment I signed up. If you do not know what I am talking about, here is a link to the website: http://www.nanowrimo.org/


Basically, I will be trying my hardest to write a novel in November containing at least 50,000 words. (50,000 words?! OMG.) I have always wanted to write a novel, and this challenge is so appealing because I know it will push me to write.

I have already been thinking of a good story I could tell, and I'm pretty happy with what I've got so far. I have also done a character synopsis for three main characters, though I'm sure the characters will have a mind of their own when I write them. It is going to be interesting to see how the characters react to different things in this world that I create for my main character.

I haven't exactly decided which genre my novel will be. I suppose it will be young adult fiction with romance thrown in. But I think I may add a Christian theme to it, if I can tie it all together correctly.

I have (unsuccessfully) been trying to convince some of my friends to do it with me... I feel like I will need all the motivation I can get, and having a friend there to have word wars and writing sessions with would truly be worthwhile. So, I guess since they won't do it, I will have to find somone in my region that will be my NaNo buddy.

There are still 7 MONTHS left until I actually get to start writing but I seriously can not wait. I know it is going to be super stressful and a very busy month, but I say ... BRING IT ON.

No comments:

Post a Comment