Pages

Wednesday, April 06, 2011

That awkward moment when...

...you side-hug a person you have known for a while, but never planned on touching. Ever.

A few days ago, I was in a Walmart check out line when I heard some guy's voice ask a question, but it sounded far off and it was my turn to check out, so I kept going about my business. As I swipped my card, that same voice asked, "So are you just going to ignore me?" Obviously, it was meant for me, so I turned and saw this guy who I know, for the most part. The shock of the moment jumpstarted my body to take a step towards him while saying, "Hey! Sorry, I didn't know you were talking to me." The step towards him, unintentional as it was, quickly registered in my brain, so I tried to stop it and play it cool, but I suppose he noticed when I did it, so he stepped towards me in return. The motion was too advanced to stop so I, indeed, gave him a side hug that was the essence of awkward moments. The only bodily contact we have ever made is maybe a high-five or two... seeing as we don't know each other on a personal level. Also, he is married. I may have thrown the entire moment way out of proportion, but I couldn't get out of there fast enough. It may not have even been awkward for him, but in general, I am not a huggy person so to do so like this in this situation screams awkward in all aspects. #whitegirlproblems

Movies seen in theater: 13
DvDs bought: 52

1 comment: