Pages

Thursday, April 07, 2011

The eagle's accent.

Hiya, guys! *waves incessantly*

I had a fantastic start to my work day... didn't even have to come in until 1:30. (Although, I came a little early.) I got to sleep in, take my time in the shower, actually put on make up, and had a muy delicioso lunch at Moes. Jealous aren't ya? ;)

I finally saw The Eagle last night. You know, the movie with Channing Tatum. *swoon* It was actually a really good movie, but there were several times Ash and I just couldn't help but laugh. First of all, the very first time Channing spoke, he had a deep British accent, which was funny because we know how he sounds normally. After a few minutes, we kind of got used to the idea. Second, the Romans had no accent at all... aren't they supposed to?! They sounded like Americans. Third, right before the first fight scene, Mr. Tatum lost his accent and sounded like his Step Up persona. He kept his normal American accent for pretty much the rest of the movie, except the one scene where he had a country twang. Finally, in one of the final scenes, he found his British accent again, just in time for his little speech. Fourth, the cows. If you have seen this movie and didn't notice them the first time, watch it again and notice the cows. They are hilarious. (walking through the water and in that large field... his horns are in his eyes and he is looking at the camera! haha) Fifth, as Channing and his slave are running through the woods, you hear dogs barking... that is when Ash turned to me and said, "Sounds like East Ridge!" Needless to say, I could have died from laughing so hard.

But don't get me wrong, we very much enjoyed the movie! It really was great, and Channing is definitely becoming stronger as an actor. I also very much liked the guy who played his slave... he wasn't too shabby on the eyes. :)

Speaking of movies, there are so many great films that are out or coming out that I can't wait to see: The Conspirator, Water for Elephants, Fast Five, Hangover Part II, Limitless, Rango, Source Code, Arthur, Soul Surfer, and Your Highness. I need to find someone that will help financially support my addiction. Movies are not cheap. If you would like to be that certain someone, message me... we could work something out. :P

New movies are not the only ones I am dying to see. I am starting to compile the list of movies I must see before I die with the help of a few resources:


If you have any suggestions of what should be on that list, please let me know! I need all the help I can get.

Hey, if you have a moment, I'd love for you to do this.

You guy are just lovely and I am so happy I got to see you today. :)

Movies seen in theaters: 14
DvDs bought: 52

1 comment: