Pages

Thursday, August 18, 2011

These are a few of my favorite things.

Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes
Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eye lashes
Silver white winters that melt into spring
These are a few of my favorite things.


I once saw a book that was just one long list of the things that made the author happy. Really, it listed anything and everything the author could think of. I decided to make my own (significantly shorter) list:
(You may think some are cheesy. If so, bite me.)


Rain

Lessening the impact of a horror movie by filtering it through my fingers

Old movie posters

Smiling

Home videos

A true friend

Holding hands

Laughter being the best medicine

Lazy days

Sharing a secret with only one other person

Driving

Daisies

A non-humid, warm day
 
Scavenger hunts
 
Getting off of work early

Waking up earlier than needed and just laying there in bed

Making s’mores by the fire

Backyard football in the fall

Jesus

Winter

& Fall

Texting

Tennessee Mountains

Doodling

Old photographs

Weddings

Star gazing/seeing a shooting star

Lovely Facebook comments

The atmosphere of a hotel

A full tank of gas

Seeing the sun set and moon rise

The “snuggle right in” feeling

A dark room while relaxing

New ringtones

Reading a journal I kept from some time ago

Pleasant dreams

A saxophone playing softly in the background

Singing as loud as I want to my favorite song

Writing

Reminiscing 

Finding the perfect outfit

Using a word I just learned

Stating a useless fact for the heck of it

Taking a much needed nap

A sea breeze on a hot day

Finding something I thought I’d lost 

Learning something new and interesting

Falling asleep listening to my favorite CD 

The love of my family

A fresh pair of contacts

Excitement about seeing a movie in theaters 

Watching someone’s face as they open my gift

Compliments

Getting my work done and having time to spare

Reading a great book, then wanting to reread it

Girls night out

Putting on warm clothes from the dryer

Long, hot showers

Getting the last piece of Mawmaw’s chocolate cake

Sharing clothes with my sisters

New hairdo/color

Freshly painted toenails

Sunlight through the trees

Taking pictures

Seeing my family after a couple months

Cuddling

Homemade cooking

Playing make-believe with my little cousin

Movie extras

Seeing old friends

Watching favorite TV shows and movies from my childhood

Chapstick

Softball

Sweet love songs

Cute AND comfortable shoes

No comments:

Post a Comment