Pages

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter!

After the Sabbath, at dawn on the first day of the week, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went to look at the tomb. There was a violent earthquake, for an angel of the Lord came down from heaven and, going to the tomb, rolled back the stone and sat on it. His appearance was like lightning, and his clothes were white as snow. The guards were so afraid of him that they shook and became like dead men. The angel said to the women, “Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. He is not here; he has risen, just as he said.
Matthew 28:1-6


I hope you all have had a wonderful Easter. Jesus is alive! There is no event in history to even compare to my Savior's resurrection. He gave His life to save mine. That kind of love is indescribable. I pray that you all know the Truth of the Lord and that He lives in your heart... there is no greater feeling!


If, however, you are more of the commercial Easter holiday type, here is a cute bunny to look at:


Awe, I want to take him home with me! :)


Speaking of animals (nice segue, don't you think? ;), I was on the way home from a park I was at (I took the back road) and it was getting dark. A car that passed me honked three times for some reason. I was going about 10mph over the speed limit and I took the honks as some kind of warning, but not sure for what. So, I slowed down, thinking there may have been a cop. About thirty seconds later, I slammed on my brakes, almost hitting four deer that were crossing the street. My heart stopped. I am so thankful the Lord gave me a warning sign and kept me safe. Good thing I wasn't changing the song on my iPod.


I started "Cassie's Craft Corner" today at church! It went really well! The kids were excited about it, and excited that I would be the regular craft girl. Miss Cassie is what they called me... a little weird, but cute. 


From a paper plate, they each made a tomb. They pasted an angel to the inside of the opening because, as you know, an angel came down and rolled the stone away (our stone was made of a brown paper bag balled up) and told of Jesus' resurrection. They turned out so good! I wish I would have remembered to take a picture of it... I will try to remember next week!


(Can't remember the counts right now... I'll resume later.) The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment