Pages

Monday, April 11, 2011

Nightmare on Browndale Lane.

As you can see from my previous posts this weekend, I have reached the point in BEDA (Blog Every Day in April) where there is vastly less to talk about and everything turns to crap. I've been racking my brain for things to talk about and waiting for something interesting to happen. I suppose last night's nightmare will suffice. Is it normal to have a nightmare every week or two? I feel like that is an unusual number... but that is how often it happens to me. I don't like it.

Most of the time when I have a nightmare, I can tell it is a dream and I try to wake myself up, but last night I had no clue it was fake and that I was really asleep. I think that added to the scare factor.

The antagonist of this story happens to be a friend I've had for years, and although it was a dream and I know she would never do such a thing, I am going to change her name for the sake of the story. Let's call her Carrie... "scary Carrie". (Her two little horrible helpers were her mom and another friend, so we'll call them Mary and Sherry, respectively. I like that they rhyme. :P)

The protagonists are Ashley, Jacob, and myself. There are appearances of other people I know, I will name them when the time comes.

The setting is an old, delapidated building in the middle of no where (I know, right? Who would have guessed?). It was a place where we liked to hang out, I suppose.

It started out as a normal, sunny day -- Ash, Jake, and I were in our favorite room of the building. We, along with others who use the place, filled a few of the rooms with what furniture we could spare. In this room, we had a mattress, couch, and a TV/DVD player combo. Most of the doors in the building were heavy and hard to close, and the doorknobs hard to twist.

Someone stood in the doorway of our room and told us that we were needed outside. We turned left and walked down the hallway to the double glass doors that lead outside into the parking lot. As we walked out of the doors Carrie, with a gun in her right hand and a knife in her left, told us to follow her. She had glassy eyes and a voice not her own... she was demon possessed. We were flanked by her mother Mary and friend Sherry, who were also armed, but didn't seem to be possessed, just helping. We were forced to get into the Jeep in front of us.

Jacob was made to sit behind the steering wheel while Carrie pointed a gun to his head and demanded, "Drive." Luckily, I had my cell phone in my pocket, so I started to text Cody but all I could write was "HELP!" before Carrie noticed so I sent it as it was. My phone was quickly taken, and Carrie dropped her gun in the floor by my feet as she snatched it. I quickly calculated how fast I could grab it and turn on her, but she was quicker. She held the knife to my throat. "Don't. Move. One. Inch," she threatened.

Somehow, the car stalled and died shortly after we started driving. Frustrated, Carrie ordered that we be taken back inside and they would "just have to do it here." A gut-wrenching feeling in my stomach told me we were to be tortured... because of me. Because I am the only one Carrie knows. If it had just been Ash and Jake that day, they would be safe. Their forthcoming death was my fault, and I didn't even know why this was happening.

As we were being rushed back inside, and Carrie's helpers grabbing what they needed from their truck of torture, I turned and knocked Carrie to the ground and yelled, "RUN!" to my sister and her boyfriend. I quickly followed suit and slammed the door to our favorite room behind me.

We sat in the room, waiting for what was inevitably going to happen next but the hallway remained silent. They were either devising a plan or getting things ready. I decided to creep around the building and find out what was going on.

As I left the room, leaving Ash and Jake behind, I caught a glimpse of Cody, Noah, Austin and CJ. I ran over to them and told them exactly what happened, but they didn't believe me. They thought it was a joke. I had to prove it to them.

As I peered around the wall we were behind, Carrie and her loyal band of followers spotted me and broke out in a run in my direction. They cornered me back into that same room with Ash and Jake. Cody and they guys realized I was telling the truth and got out of there without a problem. After all, Carrie wanted me.

With Ash freaking out and Jake trying to console her, I not only locked the door but used myself as an extra force holding the door closed. As the pounding on the door began, the sun started to go down. Light was becoming scarce so we had to quickly form a plan. I resolved to trying to open the window that has been sealed up tight for years, but it was our only hope. The window led out to a very small square space. This space had three - about 8 foot tall - walls of concrete surrounding it. If we could get up and out of the space, we would be on the ground in a little grassy area between the buildings.

As I began to strain myself to get that window open, it was lifted away by someone on top of the wall. For a moment, it frightened me, thinking it was Carrie, but it turned out to be my Pawpaw. Ecstatic, he lifted me out of the hole. In the distance, I saw Myrna get out of his truck and motion for us to hurry. I told Pawpaw to go ahead and that I would get them out of the hole. As I pulled Ash and Jake up, Carrie and the girls heard all of the commotion and ran full force with weapons in hand at Pawpaw's truck. I yelled towards him to get himself and Myrna out of there and that we would be alright. He sped off to keep her safe.

Ash, Jake, and I hid nearby as the girls searched the grassy opening. They noticed where we escaped and were not going to back down any time soon, so we did what we had to do.

We came out of hiding, ready to fight without a weapon in hand. The crazed look in Carrie's eye chilled me to the bone. They attacked me all at once, beating me with the barrel of a shotgun and taking a staple gun to my skin. With Jake's help, we disoriented them for a moment, long enough for us to get to a door across the way.

We ran up a staircase that was nearby and took to the third floor. Quiet as mice, we tiptoed to an open room that overlooked the yard where we had just been. The girls were gone.

After a few moments, Mary and Sherry came back out dragging some kind of table with Carrie on top of it. With a nail gun in hand, Mary yelled, "Cassie! I know you're watching right now... and if you come out, I will let you do this to Carrie..." Then she laid Carrie's arm down and put three nails through three spots on her right arm. It was live bait. They wanted me out of hiding and thought this would do it.

It worked.

I stormed out of the building, leaving Ash and Jake in the dust. The shrieking laughter of all three of these evil beings sent chills down my spine, but I wasn't backing down.

With careful eyes and shaking hands, I crept towards what was sure to be a trick. Sherry now had the nail gun in her outstretched arm, pointing at me. I dodged her aim and reached to grab the nail gun and she sent a nail straight through my left hand right before I took control of it.

I turned it around and pointed it at Sherry, just as Ash and Jake caught up with me. Instantly Mary and Sherry coward back and leapt into a run. We ran after them a little ways before we turned to make our way back to Carrie.

When we reached that table, she was gone. We started towards the way out of the grassy area, but were blocked by a large steel gate.

Overwhelmed with the feeling of defeat, I sank down and started to cry, telling Ash and Jake, "I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry.... I don't know how to get us out." I felt guilty for the life threatening position I had them in. I just couldn't win Carrie's game.

Minutes later, Carrie came running out of a nearby door with her eyes deadset on mine. It was like staring down Satan. She ran at me, with blood dripping from her arm and deep cuts all over her face. Jake tackled her to the ground and I held that nail gun to her head, my finger on the trigger.

"Do it!" he yelled.

Carrie looked up at me and in one brief moment, she was herself again. She was the girl I had been friends with for so many years. I couldn't bring myself to do it, I couldn't kill her.

I dropped the nail gun to the ground. Jake quickly picked it up and held it to her head. Before he had the chance to pull the trigger, we heard a continuous scream getting closer and closer... it was Sherry running towards us with a long, metal pipe raised above her head and screaming like a banshee... 




Movies seen in theaters: 17
DvDs bought: 58

No comments:

Post a Comment