Pages

Monday, April 04, 2011

Happy Birthday, Bear Jew!

20 years ago today, Jonathan Cody Smartt was brought into this world. He entered into the family with the three most beautiful and amazing sisters any young boy could ask for. He spent most of his formative years striving to be as brilliant and incredible as these three sirens of the modern world. They cared for him, dressed him up, taunted him, taught him cheers, and teased him to no end... and he loved every minute of it. 


Every night was like magic: singing Barney songs, practicing cheers for the squad, painting our faces with makeup, and playing house or pageants... he was with us every step of the way. Without our guidance and critiques, he would not be the strapping young man he is today. So world, you are very welcome. :)


********

Bubby, you are
TWENTY YEARS OLD
today! I honestly can't 
believe it. Here are only
twenty reasons that you're
the best brother in the world:
(I could name many more, but
your head is big enough...) :P

1. Every time we talk on the phone, 90% of our conversation is filled with laughter.
2. You have always been my right hand with the projects I create. Wish you could be around for the more recent ones!
3. Our debates... you know what I'm talking about.
4. Cat... she made me like you a little bit more. ;)
5. Our Starbucks dates... whether we read or not.
6. Your Faith... I am so proud of the Godly man that you are.
7. Our shared sarcasm and humor.
8. Your taste in movies.
9. *with hair in your face* "Do you feel pretty?" HAHA.
10. We share the two greatest sisters in the world.
11. Harry Potter.
12. Our conversations in general... they're always spectacular and enlightening.
13. Your excitement over the small things... it always makes me excited, too.
14. That time you cut a chunk out of my hair... at the time, it was awful, but looking back, it was hilarious and well deserved. Bravo.
15. Your loyalty.
16. The videos we've made.
17. Your ability to persuade me... not many people have that talent.
18. Your protectiveness of your family and friends.
19. Our secrets... like with the tile I made you.
20. Your all around awesomeness... no one can beat it.

********

You and Jamie Lynn Spears have the exact same birthday... I'm glad we got you instead of her. Some others who share your birthday: Andy McKee (1979); Robert Downey Jr. (1965); and Heath Ledger (1979)...I miss him. 
Also, MLKing Jr. was assassinated on your birthday. How depressing.

********

Cody, I am so proud to be your sister. You have always been there for me, supported through everything, cheered me up, and inspired me. You are one of my most favorite people in the world and one of my very best friends. I love you so much and miss you every day. I can't believe my baby brother is now 20 years old... seems like only yesterday we were in your room building Lego houses and being Power Rangers. I am so grateful God blessed me with a brother like you. I love how you challenge and encourage me. Thank you for who you are and all that you have done. I love you so much!







Happy Birthday, Cody!
I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment