Pages

Saturday, April 02, 2011

Oddities.

The chains of habit are too weak to be felt
until they are too strong to be broken.
Samuel Johnson


These are the round glasses
that I was talking about...
awful, right?










Here is a more recent development with my work OCD. I have to have four paperclips lined up in the base of the computer monitor. If I pick one up to use and accidentally bump one to look like the picture on the right, my skin crawls. They must be lined up perfectly, as demonstrated in the left picture. Also, after a day off, I will come back to work with a handful of paperclips thrown in that space... that is the first thing I fix. That situation is not worse than the stapler thing, but it runs a close second. When I pick out which paperclips to put in that corner, they must be as close to the perfect paperclip shape as possible. I can't have them looking like one of these unless you want me to have a nervous breakdown:



I have recently become aware of my sleeping arrangement in my bed. When lying down, I get to as close to the right edge as humanly possible without falling off. That is how I sleep and how I watch movies. I don't know why I feel the need to be that far over. My pillows usually end up resting a little on my night stand because of this... kind of knocking things into the floor. My bed is queen sized and even though I have clothes and Mac on the bed with me, they do not take up the rest of the room available. There is no need for my positioning, but I just can't seem to move over.

One thing that I don't do often is watch the beginning of a movie that I've seen. There are a few movies that I watch from the beginning, but that is because the start of the movie is fun to watch (Easy A, Pride and Prejudice, Spice World, Wedding Planner, Legally Blonde, Clueless, Grease 2, Disney classics... I guess any really girly movie :P). For most movies, I skip the first few "chapters" on the DvD... I like to skip the unnecessary and get to the point.

I have this incredible need to be "even" on both the left and the right side of my body... as in if I touch something with my right side, I also have to let the same spot on my left side touch it; if I eat a purple and red skittle with the left side of my mouth, I must do the same with the right. The same goes for stepping on cracks on the sidewalk, the tightening of muscles, if I happen to bump into something, the number of blinks each eye takes... now that I think about it, it's pretty ridiculous... it gets even more technical than I have explained here. #INeedHelp

Movies seen in theater: 13

No comments:

Post a Comment